BBQ Pulled Pork Mac n Cheese Nachos
3KG Pork belly with rib bones attached
1 Tablespoon black peppercorns
2 Tablespoons of cumin seeds
1 Tablespoon of fennel seeds
2 Dried bay leaves
4 Tablespoons of paprika
1 Tablespoon oregano
50g Brown sugar
1. Make rub for the pork belly by toasting the peppercorns, cumin seeds and fennel seeds in a dry hot pan. Grind them with the bay leaves and mix thoroughly with the paprika, oregano and brown sugar.
2. Pat the rub all over the pork belly and place pork belly in a roasting tray.
3. Pour cider into roasting tray and cover with tin foil.
4. Cook in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 3 hours.
5. Remove the pork from oven and with a fork, shred pork meat from the bone.
300ml Tomato ketchup
2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
1 Tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
2 Teaspoon of paprika
1/4 Pint red wine vinegar
50mls Dark soya sauce
1. Combine all of the BBQ Sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil then simmer for 20 – 25 mins until sauce thickens.
2. Add in shredded pork meat
Nachos Mac N Cheese
1 Bag of corn tortilla chips
1 Handful of jalapeno peppers
1 Tablespoon of sour cream (optional)
1 Tablespoon of guacamole (optional)
250g Macaroni pasta
40g Plain flour
250g Grated red cheddar cheese
50g Grated parmesan cheese
Pinch of ground black pepper
Pinch of sea salt
Coriander to garnish
1. Cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 – 10 mins. Drain well and set aside.
2. Melt the butter over a medium heat in a saucepan. Add the flour and stir to form a roux, cooking for a few minutes.
3. Gradually whisk in the milk a little at a time.
4. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes to a thickened and smooth sauce.
5. Remove the sauce from the hob add the grated cheddar cheese and stir until combined.
6. Place macaroni into sauce and stir until combined.
7. Top with parmesan cheese.
Place required amount of nachos on a baking tray and lightly toast in oven for 2 – 3 minutes.
Remove nachos from oven and place in serving dish top nachos with hot bbq pulled pork. Pour a small amount of mac n cheese over pork. Sprinkle jalapenos and coriander on top. Add sour cream and guacamole (optional)…. Enjoy!